DR Sellaronda 2018 - Rules
The Organizing Committee
The DoloMyths Run Sellaronda Ultra trail is organized by the DoloMyths Run Committee, in cooperation with the Municipalities and the Tourist Boards of Canazei, Selva Valgardena, Corvara and Arabba.
The start will be from Canazei (Val di Fassa) on Saturday 14 2018 at 5.00 a.m.
Requirements to take part to the race
To enter the race it is absolutely compulsory:
- To be at least 18 years old and in possession of a medical certificate for agonistic athletics valid by the date of the race.
- To be totally aware of the length and of the difficulty of the competition and to be properly trained to face it.
- The DoloMyths Run Sellaronda Ultra Trail takes place mainly on alpine mountain trails. It is therefore required to be able and trained to run steadily on alpine tracks.
The start of the race will take place in turn in Canazei (Val di Fassa) and Corvara (Val Badia) changing year by year. For the year 2018 the start of the race will be on Saturday July 14 2018 at 5.00 o’clock from Canazei. The check of the equipment is scheduled at 4.30 a.m.
The race will take place all around the Sella Massif, along dirt roads and paths, trying to avoid as much as possible asphalt roads and crossings on national roads. The racetrack is about 61,50 km long with an altitude difference of 3.378 m. The race will cross the towns of Selva, Corvara, Arabba and Canazei, starting along the climbing to the Sella Pass, running down to Selva, climbing the Dantercepies ski slope, the long descent to Corvara followed by the climb of the Bec de Roces, the Pordoi Pass right after and the descent back to Canazei.
The racetrack will be signalled by special flags. All along the track check points and refreshment points will be placed.
Maximum time and time limits
The maximum time to cover the distance is fixed in 13 hours. Along the racetrack the time limits to cover the mentioned distance will be established as follows:
- 3,00 hours from the start to Selva; at 8.00 a.m. closing of the gate
- 6 hours from the start to Corvara; at 11.30 closing of the gate
- 9 hours from the start to Arabba; at 2.00 p.m. closing of the gate
- 13 hours from the start to Canazei; al 6.00 p.m. end of the race
Final maximum time: 13 hours.
The athletes who will exceed the above mentioned time limits will be excluded from the prosecution of the competition and their bib numbers will be withdrawn. If, for any reason, an athlete disqualified from the race wants to complete the race, he/she is allowed to run under his/her own responsibility and has no right to refreshments along the track. By the time check points, there will be shuttle buses at disposal to carry the athletes back to the arrival.
A standard of semi self-sufficiency is required to run the race. 10 refreshment points will be placed along the racetrack where athletes can find drinks and food to be eaten directly there. Camel-bags or water bottles can be refilled with water and supplements provided directly by organizers of the race. Any athlete must carry with him, from the start, all he needs to be self-sufficient on the distance from one refreshment point to the other one. Food and drinks provided by the refreshment points must be consumed in that delimited area, avoiding to carry and throw somewhere else any rubbish, such as plastic glasses, that can pollute the environment. Special bins will be placed in each refreshment point for the rubbish to be used compulsorily by the athletes. Any external assistance, provided by people not registered in the race, all along the track or even in short parts of it, is absolutely forbidden.
- A water supply of at least an half liter
- A survival blanket
- A whistle
- A first-aid kit
- Some food (energetic bars or energy gels)
- A wind-breaker jacket to wear in case of bad weather conditions
- Long running pants
- Gloves and a hat
- A mobile phone (it is compulsory to communicate the phone number at the registration)
Suggested material (optional)
- A change of clothes
- Solar protection cream
- Vaseline or anti-chaffing cream
The bib number
The bib number will be delivered to each athlete after showing I.D. card and the medical certificate, valid by the date of the race. The bib number is personal and cannot be transferred to any other person. It must be worn in a visible position for the whole competition and it cannot be modified, folded or cut for whatever reason. Any change of the bib number is absolutely forbidden. Together with the bib number, each athlete will be given a microchip for the recording of the time during the race. At the withdrawal of the bib number each athlete must pay a deposit of 20,00€ that will be refunded at the restitution of the timing chip.
The race entry includes:
- The race gadget
- Timing service, including intermediate times
- Refreshments during and after the race
- Pasta Party
- Shuttle bus back to Colfosco for the athletes withdrawn from the race
- Showering service after the race by the swimming-pool (nearby the start - arrival area).
Categories and prizes
1. € 500,00
2. € 400,00
3. € 300,00
4. € 200,00
5. € 100,00
6. € 50,00 - 7. € 50,00 - 8. € 50,00 - 9. € 50,00 - 10. € 50,00
1. € 500,00
2. € 400,00
3. € 300,00
4. € 100,00
5. € 80,00
Special prize "Sprint felix"
The two athletes who will pass for first at the “Sprint Felix” in Cèsa Helene in Selva Val Gardena at the 16th kilometer of the racetrack will be awarded 50,00€ to the first man and 50,00€ to the first woman.
Entries information and checking
TDS Live tel. +39 041 990320 - Email: email@example.com and from the link of the Entries page.
DoloMyths Run Organizing Committee
- the president of the DoloMyths Run Sellaronda Ultra Trail Organizing Committee
- the race director
- all the members chosen for their competence by the president and by the race director
Acceptance of the rules and race ethics
To take part to the DoloMyths Run Sellaronda Ultra Trail each athlete must accept the above enlisted rules and the runners’ code of ethics, without reserve. It is compulsory to follow the racetrack, without cutting the race course. Cuts could turn into a damage to the soil, provoking deep erosion of the ground. By the refreshment points bins will be placed for the rubbish in order to avoid any pollution of the surrounding environment. Each athlete must provide first aid to anybody who should need assistance or being in danger and in case call for rescue team to intervene as soon as possible.
General respect is highly recommended:
- Self-respect and respect for other runners, avoiding any kind of unfair behaviour
- Respect for the volunteers on duty for free
- Respect for local people who welcome the race
- Respect for the Organizing Committee and for its sponsors
Penalties - disqualification
The race judges present along the trail, the persons in charge placed by the check-points and refreshment points must control that all the rules are respected by the athletes. In case of lack of respect of the rules, penalties or even disqualification can be applied, in accordance with the judgement of the whole jury.
All complaints must be made in writing and presented at the race office with a deposit of 100 euro (which will not be returned if the complaint is not held to be valid), within two hours of the athlete’s arrival.
Changes in the route and the time barriers. Cancellation of the race
The Jury has the right, at any time, to change the course of the race and the position of both refreshment and first-aid points. In case of bad weather conditions the race can be delayed or cancelled. The Organizing Committee can suspend the race or can change the time limits imposed in case of specific conditions that could be considered dangerous for runners. Should the competition be cancelled, the entry fee would not be refunded.
Any specific decision about it will be taken only by the jury.